India Day Fair
Time & Location
About the Event
Wondering what's on in Brisbane? Spend a day or part of one celebrating Indian culture and Indian Independence with Parades, Dancing, Music, Food and much more for all. Starting at 10.30 a.m. and going till 9.00 p.m. there will be lot's of fun things to do in Brisbane City all day long.
The Days Program:
- Starts with Bhajans (songs to bless the day)
- Children's & Classical dances
- A Childrens fancy dress parade
The Formal Ceremony:
- Flag raising
- Singing the Indian & Australian national anthems
- Lifetime achievement awards ceremony
The Days Activities:
- Folk dances from different regions of India
- Traditional displays of costumes & dance
- Kathak dances
- Indian Traditional Songs
- Kid's corner & face painting
- Henna art
- Lot's of food, sweets and drinks to try
- Parade of Businesses, Community groups & Clubs
The Show Stopper: At 6.00 p.m popular Indian singer Pradeep Sran will entertain the crowd till 8.30p.m when a Fireworks display will close out the day's festivities.
Where: Roma Street Parklands Amphitheater Stage.
Getting There: Just a few minutes walk from Roma Street train station. So Leave your car at your local train station and travel in to the city with fewer parking hassles. Check your Train and Bus availablity with Translink Journey Planner.
Times: Start 10.30 a.m. - Finish 9.00 p.m